Who Are We?
The Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum was established in 1986 by a group of dedicated volunteers who aspired to create a larger and more organized group to effectively support the Museum. The organization is composed of a volunteer Board of Directors as well as corporate and general members. The Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum is involved in fundraising and friend-raising, providing public programs and events, and operating The Museum Shop in Regina and the Discovery Shop in Eastend, SK at the T.rex Discovery Centre.
The Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum aim to be valued partners in the enhancement of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum, increasing its visibility and access to vital resources in the community. We are a registered charity and not-for-profit organization which promotes the knowledge and understanding of Saskatchewan’s natural history through active support of the Museum and by encouraging public involvement and financial support of the Museum and its educational and scientific activities.
The Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum is registered with Canada Revenue Agency and all donations are tax-deductible. Our registered Charitable Business Number is 107756223RR0001.
We strengthen the Royal Saskatchewan Museum's capacity to educate, preserve the past, celebrate the present and build the future.
We amplify the profile of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum through connections with community and business by raising awareness and funds.
The community can count on ‘Friends’ to be a reliable and trusted funding partner of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum.
Current Board of Directors
A volunteer Board of Directors oversees the governance of the Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. Each Director is elected for a three year term and no Director shall hold office for more than two consecutive terms. Directors represent the voting members of the organization and serve to increase the profile of the friends of the museum and the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. Both Board members and general members volunteer to be a part of the many committees that work to enhance public awareness of the RSM.
- Andrea Johnson | President
- Colin Rennebohm | Vice President– Governance Chair
- Harold Bryant | Treasurer– Audit & Finance Chair
- Kevin Bassendowski | Director & Board Chair, Fundraising & Communications
- Joan Beisel | Director, Audit & Finance
- Iuliia Khimchak | Director, Audit & Finance
- Michael Poulin | Director, Audit & Finance
- Jennifer Schwager | Director, Fundraising & Communications
- Bernice Richard | Director, Governance
- Brad Bellegarde | Director, Governance & Fundraising
- Logan Fraser | Director, Fundraising & Communications
- Roberta Weisbrot | Director, Fundraising & Communications
Annual General Meeting and Report
The 2023 Annual General Meeting was Tuesday, June 27.