All galleries and The Museum Shop are open three days a week, from Friday to Sunday. Capacity is limited. A maximum of 30 people can enter the Royal Saskatchewan Museum at any given time, and only four people can enter The Museum Shop. We indicate we have reached full capacity with a FULL sign at our entrance.
• We will place a FULL sign outside so you don’t have to leave your vehicle to inquire.
• Call us at 306-787-2815 upon arrival to get on the wait list. (No pre-booking!) If you don’t have a phone, speak with a staff member at the front door.
• We will place you on a wait list and collect your name and/or phone number.
• Play in the park or wait in your vehicle.
• We will give you a call, or signal you in if you are waiting near the RSM, when we have room for your group to enter. (If you don't enter within 5 minutes, you may lose your spot.) See our popular times graph to help you plan your visit. NOTE: We are unable to accommodate group visits of 8+ at this time. For more information on provincial guidelines, please visit www.saskatchewan.ca/covid-19. Be Safe. Be Kind. Be Calm.
Donations are welcome. Donate exact cash (no change available), through the tap machine at the desk, or online prior to your visit. A suggested amount is $5/person.
Your donation will be used by the Friends of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum to support programs, exhibits and research at the Royal Saskatchewan Museum. Donations are accepted by credit and debit card, and a tax-deductible receipt can be issued for donations of $20 or more.
- Megamunch is not yet receiving visitors. Send him a message.
- The Paleo Pit is closed.
- ATM, vending machines and water fountains are closed.
- We are not offering public programs, school trips, or group visits at this time.
- You will be asked for your contact information. Your information will not be used for promotional purposes and will only be shared with the Health Authority if required. No entry without providing this information.
- The south side of the museum is entrance only and the north is exit only. You will be asked to explore the galleries by following marked routes.
- Keep 2 meters away from others, and wait your turn to visit an exhibit.
- All visitors over 2 years old are required to wear a mask. Masks are available onsite for $2.
- Keep your group together, and keep children within reach at all times. Groups of 6+ may be asked to split into smaller groups.
- Use the washroom prior to your visit if possible.
- Hand sanitizer is available at multiple points in the museum.
Bring Your Own
- We encourage you to wear your own mask.
- Please bring your own strollers and wheelchairs.
- Coatroom is unavailable. Please bring a backpack/tote to carry your belongings or be prepared to carry your outerwear.
No Food or Drink
As always, food and drink are not permitted in the museum. NOTE: There is no seating area in the lobby at this time so snacks will have to be enjoyed outside the Royal Saskatchewan Museum building. Vending machines are not available.
Free public and bus parking is located on the east and south sides of the Museum. Entry to and exit out of the Royal Saskatchewan Museum is one-way. Entry is only permitted through the south doors and exit is only permitted through the north doors.
Access free Wifi under "Megamunch's Guest Wifi". No password is necessary.
Where We Are